Sunday, March 27, 2011

Letter from Peter Lysne to Anders ROE (27 Jun 1874)


Letter. Peter H. Lysne to Andres H. [sic] Raae (27 Jun 1874). Images courtesy of Verla Williams.

Albert Lea
June 27, 1874

Good friend and cousin when I got home I saw the letter that you had written to father and me. I read in your letter that it looks bad regarding the grasshoppers. I also read that you are all healthy and hardy and I can report the same about us down here.

I also read that you have thought about going out to work and if you come down here I will have a job for you right away and pay you good wages for this area. I work as a carpenter and I have a place with hay and need help harvesting and I will not hire anyone until I hear from you. The yield looks very good.

I have to stop for now with friendly greetings to you and your family from your cousin Peter H. Lysne. Father and mother send their greetings to you and family, and Haagen and Kari sends greetings to you and family. Write as soon as you can, there is work here for as long as you want and a house for your family so they will live well.

from Peter H. Lysne to you Andres H. Raae

No comments: