Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Letter from Ole to Anders ROE (23 Oct 1872)


Letter. Ole to Anders ROE (23 Oct 1872). Images courtesy of Verla Williams.

Albert Lea
Oct. 23, 1872

Dear Brother,

I take now my pen and write some word to you and tell that I am healthy and live well. I have had letters from home, they are all healthy, except mother who is about the same. I can tell that Haagen Petersen is dead. He died the 2nd of Oct., 1 1/2 hrs. after midday. He was to Albert Lea the day before and was as usual. He was completely sober, he became sick in the night and died the next day. He was buried the 9th of Oct. It was supposed to be heart sickness he had. I am supposed to greet you from father's brother and family. They are all healthy. He will "take you after the eyes" if you do not write to him. I must then close for this time with a hearty greeting to you all. Greet all known from me.

Ole Roe
Write back soon.

No comments: