Saturday, March 26, 2011

Letter from John O. ROE presumably to Anders ROE (17 Mar 1876)


Letter. John O. ROE presumably to Anders Roe (17 Mar 1876). Images courtesy of Verla Williams.

Le Roy [MN]. March 17, 1876

Good friend, since we are having a snowstorm today and have to stay indoors I will take my pen and scribble it over this paper and send it to you. Your treasured letter of February 2 has arrived and I am happy to hear that you and your family are all doing well. And likewise I am happy for you that Henry Knudson has not yet finished his courting. I hope that you have somewhat good wages for having Power of Attorney over his place. I don't think that what happened with the threshing and the profit would happen here. This fall it was overflowing with thrashing machines.

My hands are more than full as "Pebersvend" supervising the farm. We now have over 70 acres fallow land and when this is to be plowed I won't have time to do any threshing.

I am healthy and doing well. I have not had a letter from Wisconsin all winter. If you have heard any news from them would you let me know when you write. This will have to be enough for this time. Closing with greetings to you and your family.

Affectionate greetings from your friend, John O. Roe.

Write

Translation: Solveig Quinney, Norwegian American Genealogical Center & Naeseth Library

No comments: